Alabama STEM Council Announces Recipients of Inaugural Scale Up Initiative.
The Alabama STEM Council has announced the recipients of its inaugural “Scale Up” initiative. Although in its first year, this is a signature program of the Alabama STEM Council and will make a huge impact on Alabama’s STEM ecosystem now, and for years to come.
The goal of the Scale Up initiative is to bring top STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) opportunities to learners across Alabama, especially those historically underserved. Recognizing there are exemplary STEM programs across the state, this initiative seeks to identify, mentor and help them expand their capacity to reach more Alabamians with quality STEM education.
The intent is to seed, jumpstart, or expand little-known, exceptional STEM programs proven to inspire and educate students from Pre-K through 12th grade, enabling educational organizations to sustain programs beyond this initiative. Throughout the summer the recipients will participate in mentorship that will allow them to expand their programs throughout Alabama.
The 2022 Scale Up Recipients are:
1. Betabox Skills on Wheels Learning Lab Program by Betabox Learning ($10,000)
2. STREAM Coding Boot Camp by STREAM Innovations, Inc. ($50,000)
3. FIRST LEGO League – Alabama by FIRST in Alabama ($4,500)
4. Go ROVing Alabama by Dauphin Island Sea Lab, Discovery Hall Program ($17,549)
5. Kilby Linking Lions by Kilby Laboratory School ($14,782)
6. STEM Field Trips Program by Huntsville Botanical Garden ($10,000)